Through experiential exercises, storytelling, dialogue, and self-reflection, participants will explore American’s dualistic structure of race, class, gender, abilities, and other cultural groups promoting “us versus them,” mentality of division and fear amongst people. Participants will leave with new seeds of consciousness that promote a pluralistic structure honoring “both and” mentality towards our neighbors.
Throughout the training, participants will:
- Define and explore American Social Power
- Examine the various labels and limitations that exist within our current social grouping.
- Take time to self-reflect on our own experiences with the various labels put on us since childhood and its impact on how we view the “other,” in our lives.
- Begin to learn about ways to shift our perceptions of difference, to a mindful understanding and appreciation for the “other,” learning to truly see them as a mirror reflection of one’s self.
- Gather tools to utilize in our homes, schools, workplaces, places of worship where we relate to each other from a place of love and understanding of difference, rather than a place of fear.
Please share with your family and friends!!!
To sign up for workshop series, please email Virginia at email@example.com.