Through experiential exercises, dialogue, and investigation of various media, participants will explore American Media Culture and its impact on their child’s identity, self-confidence, and social relations.
Throughout the training, participants will:
- Examine their own childhood experience with television and movies
- Explore the different kinds of media within American Culture
- Specifically examine a form of media and learn how to deconstruct it’s creation, explore the hidden messages, and impact on young children
- Learn the ABC’s of Media Literacy for Television and Movies, Identifying the storytellers, naming Visual Shots, Identifying Sound Effects, etc.
- Learn hands-on tools and open-ended questions to ask young children about the media they are experiencing.
Please share with your family and friends!!!
To sign up for workshop series, please email Virginia at firstname.lastname@example.org.