Arts for Social Change Camp invites children aged 6 to 11 to explore various themes of peace and create stories through daily team-building activities centered on the arts and creative play. Each week features a different artist in residence exploring their chosen medium as a tool for advancing social justice.
Campers have opportunities to work solo, as a team, and with the artists on topics such as theater and film-making, activities including acting, sound, set design, props, costume design, construction, public speaking, reading, creative writing, 2 & 3-dimensional art, music and more. Campers are welcome to join us one week at a time or for the entire session. Each year we welcome new local artists to share their talents and passion for creating a better world through creativity, imagination and the arts.
Explore, Empower, Connect and Create with us this summer! Our current schedule is listed below.
2019 Scheduled Sessions:
Arts for Social Change Camp for 6 – 11 year-olds:
Each week of Arts for Social Change Camp features a different artist in residence exploring their chosen medium as a tool for advancing social justice.
Our Summer Camp Schedule for 2019:
- June 24-28 Mask Making and Puppetry with Matthew Ferrel
- July 1-3 (Short Session) Embodiment, Weaving and Fiber Art with Gina Forbes of Alchemy Weaving
- July 8-12 Storytelling and Performance Arts with Nicole Mokeme
- July 15-19 Set Design and Play Writing with Justin Moriarty
- July 22-26 CLOSED FOR SUMMER BREAK
- July 29-Aug 2 Exploring Mindfulness through Printmaking with Jodi Ferry
- Aug 5-9 Exploring Animation: Pre-Film Fundamentals (non-digital) with Janet Antich
- Aug 12-16 Finding your Voice through Poetry and Beatbox with Signature Soul
Arts for Social Change Camp is open from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
After Care is available 4:00 – 5:00 PM for $5.00/day.
- Our week program is $230.00
- July 1-3 is $180.00
- Limited Scholarship and Sliding scale options are available. Please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Past Camps have included:
- Nicole Antonette: Storytelling and Performance
- Heidi Killion: Narrative Photographic Lens
- Dorette Amell: Create and Install a Self-Reflective Mural
- Alex Jeffery: Creative Sciences and Performance
- Mia Bogyo: Mixed Media
- Justin Moriarty: Set Design and Play Writing
- Jodi Ferry: Printmaking and Mindfulness