Intention of the Circle
To support and participate creatively and authentically with the mission of One Tree Wholistic Learning Center.
Desired Circle Members Shall:
- Commit to a One-Year Cycle
- Attend monthly Circle Meetings
- Be informed about the organization’s mission, services, policies, and programs
- Review agenda and supporting materials prior to circle meetings
- Inform Community Members about the organization and suggest possible nominees to the circle who would be open and willing to participate in the work of the circle and organization
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the organization’s field
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities, such as reviewing the organization’s annual financial statements.
- Help expand the Circle and Agency’s programs
- Share their gifts and talents freely and whole-heartedly.
Areas of Job Expertise Needed:
Fundraising Experience: Event Planner, Donor Courting, Grant Writer
Public Relations Experience: Individuals linked to Media, Direct Service Providers/Grassroots Community members
Program Development/Strategic Planners: Putting Agency’s mission into action through creation of programs, 5 Year Plan Developers
Product Development/Curriculum Development: Archiving and Documenting current programs and training manuals
Budgeting/Accounting Expertise: Endowment Knowledge, Financial Advisor
Circle of Directors’ Subcommittees:
Program Development – Focus is on developing new programs for One Tree, evaluating current programs, and exploring ways to document current programs.
Marketing/Public Relations – Focus is on marketing or “selling” the agency to the public; working with the Media, developing marketing materials, etc.
Fund Development – Focus is on exploring fundraising opportunities for the various programs within One Tree; exploring and writing grants, planning quarterly fundraising events, creating a donor letter, identifying independent donors.
R&F Parent Committee – Focus is on the Roots & Fruits Preschool Program, being liaisons to the parents and teachers of the preschool.